Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Long Days

There is nothing worse then walking into work knowing it is going to be a long day. My partner and I pulled 18hrs our first and last days on. I am absolutely tired. I have just relieved her from a 6am to midnight shift and I am working the last 6hrs of midnight to 6am. So I am currently trying to figure out what to do be sides watch infomercials and try not to think about sugar. Don't get me wrong I like watching infomercials but there is only so much a person can take. On top of everything I started my diet. yuck! Hence the sugar comment. Working in a communication's center is not the best way to stay healthy and fit. For me, I have 12hrs of sitting in a chair monitoring the radio, scanner, and waiting for 911 to go off. This being the case, you add high stress and high tension to the job description does not help. Also, caffeine becomes a food group because you either have to have something to wake you up, keep you going through day, and/or make sure you stay up through the night. I guess the biggest problem about staying fit is the will to get up and workout. After hearing and dealing with the worst of situations that people put themselves in you really fine you need to desensitize yourself or your to exhausted to do anything but stare at a wall. However, I do find myself excited about the diet and am looking forward to nicer weather. My favorite unwinding exercise in the summer is walking. I apologize for the ramblings but I did waste 30 mins. Yeah!! 5hrs and 30 mins and counting........

No comments: